Supervised Independent Living – SIL
The Supervised Independent Living (SIL) is a New Opportunities Waiver (NOW) program that provides skills training, personal care attendants, and other support services to enable consumers with developmental disabilities to live independently in the community. The goal of the SIL program is to teach functional skills which impact consumers’ abilities to perform as independently and as productively as possible.
- Assistance with financial planning and management
- Assistance with basic safety and personal training skills
- Assistance with reaching educational and career goals
- Help with utilizing community resources
- Accommodations for medical and transportation needs
- Assistance with everday housing needs
- Basic safety practices and skills training
Recipient must :
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be able to benefit from independent living services by improving their ability to function and continue functioning independently in the residing community.
- Have a signifficant physical, mental, cognitive or sensory impairment that limits their ability to function independently in the community
The SIL services are covered by medicaid for qualified individuals who meet the New Opportunities Waiver (NOW) requirements
WE ALSO PROVIDE SIL SERVICES THROUGH INDIVIDUAL PRIVATE PAY CONTRACTS.
Please contact your local Office of Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD)
Central Office for OCDD at: 1-866-783-5553